Wolfgang Mueller has been licensed as an attorney since 1990. He is the owner of Mueller Law Firm in Novi, Michigan. Previously, he was an automotive engineer for Chrysler Corporation involved in the design and development of automotive restraint systems. Born and raised in Detroit, he holds bachelor's and master's degrees in mechanical engineering from Michigan State University and the University of Michigan, respectively. Mr. Mueller has a national practice and has litigated cases in many states, focusing primarily on automobile crashworthiness. Mr. Mueller also specializes in wrongful conviction and police misconduct cases, as well as construction site accident litigation. He has received numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients.
Mr. Mueller received his Juris Doctor degree from the Detroit College of Law in 1990, graduating magna cum laude. He has been a speaker at seminars for the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ) on topics involving automobile product liability and the safety of air bags. He has also presented at various law schools on issues regarding police misconduct. Mr. Mueller is a past member of the Executive Board of the Michigan Association for Justice and is a member of the Council for the State Bar of Michigan’s Negligence Section.
Mr. Mueller is a former bodybuilder who acts as counsel for Powerhouse Gyms International, Inc. He has also been a licensed sports agent. In 2009, he was appointed by Gov. Jennifer Granholm to the Michigan Unarmed Combat Commission, which oversees professional boxing and mixed martial arts (MMA) in the State of Michigan. He was unanimously re-elected as vice chairperson of the U.C.C. in 2010 and again in 2011. In 2012, Mr. Mueller was re-appointed to the U.C.C. by Gov. Rick Snyder, where he was unanimously re-elected as Vice-Chairperson. He is dedicated to advancing the sports of professional boxing and MMA in Michigan and protecting the health and safety of the participants. In December 2015, Mr. Mueller was unanimously elected chairperson of the Unarmed Combat Commission.
Mr. Mueller is a practicing martial artist and holds the rank of 3rd Dan (3rd degree black belt) in the Korean martial art of Tang Soo Do. He also serves as an instructor at Boliard’s Martial Sciences Center in Canton, Michigan, under Grand Master Greg Boliard.
Mr. Mueller also volunteers his time with the MORC (Macomb-Oakland Regional Center) Stars hockey team, teaching individuals/athletes with developmental disabilities how to ice skate and play hockey.
Areas of Practice
- Product Liability 40%
- Civil Rights 30%
- Personal Injury 20%
- Entertainment & Sports 10%
- Michigan, 1990
- Detroit College of Law (Michigan State University), Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- B.S. - 1983
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- University of Michigan, Dearborn, Michigan
- M.A. - 1985
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Speaker, topics involving automobile product liability and the safety of airbags, American Association for Justice (AAJ) and Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers
- Appointed by Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Michigan Unarmed Combat Commission, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ), Executive Board, Past Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Negligence Section, Member of the Negligence Council
Past Employment Positions
- Olsman Mueller Wallace & Mackenzie P.C.
- Plunkett & Conney, P.C.
- Chrysler Corporation, Automotive Engineer
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, MORC (Macomb-Oakland Regional Center) Stars hockey team
- Instructor, Boliard’s Martial Sciences Center in Canton, Michigan
- Counsel, Powerhouse Gyms International, Inc.